Saturday, November 15, 2008

Divide The Day w/ Face To Face @ Anaheim House of Blues

. Saturday, November 15, 2008

Divide The Day (Click photo to view set)

I caught Divide The Day last night @ the Anaheim House of Blues and I have to say thanks again to Adam and Billy for taking time before their set to get all the photo paperwork straightened out. It was unnecessary time wasted that other bands probably wouldn't have dealt with, but these guys were cool as hell about it.



DTD, as I expected, was great. It was the second time I've seen them play and I wanted to shoot this show for a reason. The lighting for their set, however, was a little tougher than I'd hoped for. There was a combo of green, red, and blue lights used throughout the whole set, which I'm used to, but there were barely any fill lights to work with. I gave in to the temptation to use flash for this set after seeing the photographer next to me using his, but after about half a song, I got over it. I realized it just wasn't my style, not yet, until I learn to use it right. When I shoot shows, I try to capture the essence of the show, and flash, in my opinion, can take away from it.

Anyway, check out the pics from the set by clicking the photo above and keep in mind that I don't do much post processing on the pics. It's more important to me to post them up as soon as possible than to spend a whole day trying to fix one photo.

Check out Divide The Day @ www.myspace.com/dividetheday to check out upcoming shows and ask them how you can get their new album. Take the time to see them live...you will not be disappointed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment